If your website has a Phoca Gallery component installed refer to the following article for general information. For more indepth instructions, follow this link.
To add/delete photos and add entire galleries, you mus first sign in to your Admin area. Then click "Phoca" under Components link across the top. See picture below.
Once inside your Phoca Admin panel, you can navigate to exisiting galleries or create a new one. In the steps below, we will create a new gallery.
To create a new Gallery
- Click "Categories" You may see a list of existing categories already. The term "categories" and "gallaries" are interchaingable in this instance. A category will be a new gallery. Click "New" in the upper right to create a new gallery/category.
- The next field may look daunting at first, but it's fairly easy once you understand what everything is:
- Title: Whatever you want to call your gallery
- Alias: Automatically created after you type in your title and click either "Apply" or "Save" Usually just leave it blank. This alias is used in the URL
- Published: Yes = visible. No = not visible. Unpublished categories aren't displayed in frontend. Users in frontend (if they have right to do) can publish or unpublish categories
- Authorized: Unauthorized (not approved) categories aren't displayed in frontend. Users in frontend cannot authorize or unauthorize categories
- Access Level: determine the acces based on the default Joomla groups. Typically, if you want the public to view your gallery, set to "Public"
- Access rights: Select 1 or more users who can see the contents of this category. (select multiple users by pressing CTRL)
- Upload and add user rights: Select the user(s) who can upload add images from the frontend to this category
- Delete and publish user rights: Select the user(s) who can delete and publish images from the frontend in this category
- Owner: Set owner of the category. Owners can upload images to this category and can manager them in frontend. If the category will be set as root category (it will not have any parent category) then users can create subcategories in this category in frontend
- Owner folder: Folder on the server wherein images are uploaded, when they are added from the frontend. This is required for frontend upload
- Geotagging: see advanced instructions
- Image: This image is displayed above the description in Category View. Usuallyleave blank.
- Image Layout: Image can be on the left or right side. Only applies if an image is selected.
- Description: Fill in the description which appears above the images in the Category View